Aug 31, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Just two weeks after being confirmed as a Toro Rosso driver for the 2015 Formula 1 season, Max Verstappen has made a far from ideal start to life with the team.
During a show-run in Rotterdam in his native Netherlands, Verstappen appeared to have a bit of trouble when trying to impress the crowds that had come out to see him.
As you’ll see in the video above, he had to be wheeled away from the wall by marshals before crashing the car just a few seconds later, albeit without a great force.
At the age of just 16, Verstappen’s quick promotion to Formula 1 has raised some questions, with many believing him to be too young. The team is yet to confirm whether today’s incident was a result of a car problem or simply driver error, but it is unlikely to have done his cause a great deal of good.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3