Aug 31, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Just two weeks after being confirmed as a Toro Rosso driver for the 2015 Formula 1 season, Max Verstappen has made a far from ideal start to life with the team.
During a show-run in Rotterdam in his native Netherlands, Verstappen appeared to have a bit of trouble when trying to impress the crowds that had come out to see him.
As you’ll see in the video above, he had to be wheeled away from the wall by marshals before crashing the car just a few seconds later, albeit without a great force.
At the age of just 16, Verstappen’s quick promotion to Formula 1 has raised some questions, with many believing him to be too young. The team is yet to confirm whether today’s incident was a result of a car problem or simply driver error, but it is unlikely to have done his cause a great deal of good.
Video from NASCAR America
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 0
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 3
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 4
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9