Aug 31, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Just two weeks after being confirmed as a Toro Rosso driver for the 2015 Formula 1 season, Max Verstappen has made a far from ideal start to life with the team.
During a show-run in Rotterdam in his native Netherlands, Verstappen appeared to have a bit of trouble when trying to impress the crowds that had come out to see him.
As you’ll see in the video above, he had to be wheeled away from the wall by marshals before crashing the car just a few seconds later, albeit without a great force.
At the age of just 16, Verstappen’s quick promotion to Formula 1 has raised some questions, with many believing him to be too young. The team is yet to confirm whether today’s incident was a result of a car problem or simply driver error, but it is unlikely to have done his cause a great deal of good.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Waltrip challenges Dale Jr. to go Dancing With The Stars 0
- IndyCar: Brasilia, Brazil race confirmed for March 8, 2015 1
- F1’s Modern Wonder: Under the lights, Singapore shines brightly 0
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Preview 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Matt Kenseth confident as Loudon looms (VIDEO) 0
- Singapore GP, Red Bull GRC highlight weekend’s NBC motorsports coverage 0
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 6