Sep 1, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
With two races to go in the regular season, Kasey Kahne finally broke through with a win last night at Atlanta to make the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
We’ll look back on all the key moments of Kahne’s clutch victory on today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
If you can’t be near a TV, you can STREAM IT online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
Here’s what else is on tap:
- Last night’s race also marked Tony Stewart‘s return to competition, which started off well but ended in a crash just after the halfway point. NASCAR on NBC analysts Kyle Petty and Parker Kligerman will share their thoughts on what his comeback means for the sport – and more importantly, for himself.
- We’ll also take a look at the Chase bubble following Atlanta. Kahne’s win means that one more driver will not be making the Chase this year on points alone. Who will be left out in the cold after Saturday’s regular season finale at Richmond? And has NASCAR gotten what it was hoping for when they changed the Chase format?
- A wreck in green-white-checkered stopped Kevin Harvick from converting a strong performance into a win, but his No. 4 Stewart Haas Racing pit crew also had trouble once again. Will his team’s mistakes keep Harvick from contending during this year’s Chase?
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 2
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 2
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1