Sep 2, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT
Gene Haas has confirmed his new Formula One team will switch names from Haas Formula to Haas F1 Team, among a series of updates revealed Tuesday.
The team has also sent out its first official tweet regarding its planned debut in 2016:
A technical partnership with Ferrari hasn’t been officially announced, but Haas Automation was announced as a Ferrari sponsor earlier this year.
There’s still plenty of details to be ironed out from here, but these are all promising signs as the team ramps up before its entry onto the grid.
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Rosberg joins Hill, Prost and Senna as Monaco three-peat winners after gifted victory 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 10
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 53