Sep 2, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT
Gene Haas has confirmed his new Formula One team will switch names from Haas Formula to Haas F1 Team, among a series of updates revealed Tuesday.
The team has also sent out its first official tweet regarding its planned debut in 2016:
A technical partnership with Ferrari hasn’t been officially announced, but Haas Automation was announced as a Ferrari sponsor earlier this year.
There’s still plenty of details to be ironed out from here, but these are all promising signs as the team ramps up before its entry onto the grid.
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 0
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 1