Sep 2, 2014, 12:17 PM EST
Gene Haas has confirmed his new Formula One team will switch names from Haas Formula to Haas F1 Team, among a series of updates revealed Tuesday.
The team has also sent out its first official tweet regarding its planned debut in 2016:
A technical partnership with Ferrari hasn’t been officially announced, but Haas Automation was announced as a Ferrari sponsor earlier this year.
There’s still plenty of details to be ironed out from here, but these are all promising signs as the team ramps up before its entry onto the grid.
Video from NASCAR America
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 7 – Brad Keselowski’s six wins, but falls short of Championship Round 0
- Looking back on motorsports’ 2014 “Festivus” moments 2
- Ferrari chairman expects another tough season in 2015 1
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 7
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED – Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 54
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0