Sep 2, 2014, 12:17 PM EST
Gene Haas has confirmed his new Formula One team will switch names from Haas Formula to Haas F1 Team, among a series of updates revealed Tuesday.
The team has also sent out its first official tweet regarding its planned debut in 2016:
A technical partnership with Ferrari hasn’t been officially announced, but Haas Automation was announced as a Ferrari sponsor earlier this year.
There’s still plenty of details to be ironed out from here, but these are all promising signs as the team ramps up before its entry onto the grid.
Video from NASCAR America
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 0
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 4
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4