Sep 2, 2014, 1:03 PM EST
Although he remains hospitalized and is recovering in California following his accident Friday night at Auto Club Speedway, it appears Russian rookie Mikhail Aleshin is in good spirits.
He posted an update to his social media pages for the first time since, on Tuesday morning. A link shared to both his Facebook and Twitter (below) pages read, “I’m alive…that was strong live lesson in Fontana…”
Aleshin was upgraded to stable condition on Saturday before the MAVTV 500 took place. He was diagnosed with fractured ribs, a broken right clavicle, a concussion and chest injuries on Friday night.
He is expected to remain in California until he is cleared to be transported back to Indianapolis, where he’s resided during his first Verizon IndyCar Series season.
INDYCAR has not released any further official medical updates since the last update on Saturday.
Video from NASCAR America
- Alonso: My next move won’t be a surprise for anybody 0
- Will the weight of expectation prove to be too great for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi? 0
- With Vettel, Alonso, Mercedes and Renault all on the move, Abu Dhabi will mark the end of an era in F1 0
- 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Preview 0
- Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari for 2015 season, partnering Kimi Raikkonen 0
- Ferrari confirms Alonso will leave at end of 2014 F1 season 0
- Report: Kurt Busch meets with police over assault claims by ex-girlfriend 0