Sep 2, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
Although he remains hospitalized and is recovering in California following his accident Friday night at Auto Club Speedway, it appears Russian rookie Mikhail Aleshin is in good spirits.
He posted an update to his social media pages for the first time since, on Tuesday morning. A link shared to both his Facebook and Twitter (below) pages read, “I’m alive…that was strong live lesson in Fontana…”
Aleshin was upgraded to stable condition on Saturday before the MAVTV 500 took place. He was diagnosed with fractured ribs, a broken right clavicle, a concussion and chest injuries on Friday night.
He is expected to remain in California until he is cleared to be transported back to Indianapolis, where he’s resided during his first Verizon IndyCar Series season.
INDYCAR has not released any further official medical updates since the last update on Saturday.
- INDYCAR announces Derrick Walker has resigned from series 1
- Preview: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio critical in IndyCar title chase 1
- It’s “never-say-die” for Graham Rahal with three races left 1
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6