Sep 2, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
Although he remains hospitalized and is recovering in California following his accident Friday night at Auto Club Speedway, it appears Russian rookie Mikhail Aleshin is in good spirits.
He posted an update to his social media pages for the first time since, on Tuesday morning. A link shared to both his Facebook and Twitter (below) pages read, “I’m alive…that was strong live lesson in Fontana…”
Aleshin was upgraded to stable condition on Saturday before the MAVTV 500 took place. He was diagnosed with fractured ribs, a broken right clavicle, a concussion and chest injuries on Friday night.
He is expected to remain in California until he is cleared to be transported back to Indianapolis, where he’s resided during his first Verizon IndyCar Series season.
INDYCAR has not released any further official medical updates since the last update on Saturday.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 15
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 52