Sep 2, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
Although he remains hospitalized and is recovering in California following his accident Friday night at Auto Club Speedway, it appears Russian rookie Mikhail Aleshin is in good spirits.
He posted an update to his social media pages for the first time since, on Tuesday morning. A link shared to both his Facebook and Twitter (below) pages read, “I’m alive…that was strong live lesson in Fontana…”
Aleshin was upgraded to stable condition on Saturday before the MAVTV 500 took place. He was diagnosed with fractured ribs, a broken right clavicle, a concussion and chest injuries on Friday night.
He is expected to remain in California until he is cleared to be transported back to Indianapolis, where he’s resided during his first Verizon IndyCar Series season.
INDYCAR has not released any further official medical updates since the last update on Saturday.
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 2
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 2
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 1
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 13
- DiZinno: Justin Wilson’s enduring legacy, positive spirit loom as large as his frame 2