Sep 2, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
Although he remains hospitalized and is recovering in California following his accident Friday night at Auto Club Speedway, it appears Russian rookie Mikhail Aleshin is in good spirits.
He posted an update to his social media pages for the first time since, on Tuesday morning. A link shared to both his Facebook and Twitter (below) pages read, “I’m alive…that was strong live lesson in Fontana…”
Aleshin was upgraded to stable condition on Saturday before the MAVTV 500 took place. He was diagnosed with fractured ribs, a broken right clavicle, a concussion and chest injuries on Friday night.
He is expected to remain in California until he is cleared to be transported back to Indianapolis, where he’s resided during his first Verizon IndyCar Series season.
INDYCAR has not released any further official medical updates since the last update on Saturday.
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 0
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 5
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0