Sep 2, 2014, 6:34 PM EDT
Sometimes, momentous occasions can take time to truly sink in for a person.
“Coming off Turn 4 to see the checkered [flag] was exciting, and at that time, I knew we were in,” Kahne explained to NBCSN’s Marty Snider on today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA. “But it didn’t – about four in the morning, I was laying in bed and that’s when I was like ‘Man, I’m actually in the Chase! We’ll go to Chicago in two weeks…’
“So that was when it actually kinda hit me was that night, that we did make it.”
Kahne also talked with Snider about having his Hendrick Motorsports teammates join him in Victory Lane to celebrate, and what the Atlanta triumph means for the confidence of both himself and his No. 5 team.
You can watch the full interview above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0
- 16-year-old Cole Custer becomes youngest-ever winner of NASCAR national series race 0
- F1 Qualifying Analysis: Missed opportunities allow Hamilton to rule again 0
- Tyler Clary hopes to go from Olympic gold medal swimmer to NASCAR driver 0
- Hamilton snatches Singapore pole away from Rosberg 0
- Fernando Alonso closes out practice in Singapore fastest 0
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0