Sep 2, 2014, 7:03 PM EDT
As the regular season comes to a close this weekend, it’s safe to say which teams are the ones to beat as NASCAR heads into the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
Hendrick Motorsports and Team Penske have been the class of the field, and they each have all of their respective drivers in the post-season – a combined six Chasers in total.
But three additional “power” teams in Joe Gibbs Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing, and Roush Fenway Racing will also be represented by at least one of their drivers.
Could those squads rise up and challenge Hendrick and Penske? And if so, which drivers will lead them? NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty and Parker Kligerman have their ideas, and you can hear them in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 2
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 0
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 2
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 1
- Rosberg forced to retire in Singapore after electrical glitch 2
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0