Sep 2, 2014, 7:03 PM EST
As the regular season comes to a close this weekend, it’s safe to say which teams are the ones to beat as NASCAR heads into the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
Hendrick Motorsports and Team Penske have been the class of the field, and they each have all of their respective drivers in the post-season – a combined six Chasers in total.
But three additional “power” teams in Joe Gibbs Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing, and Roush Fenway Racing will also be represented by at least one of their drivers.
Could those squads rise up and challenge Hendrick and Penske? And if so, which drivers will lead them? NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty and Parker Kligerman have their ideas, and you can hear them in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Ferrari chairman expects another tough season in 2015 0
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 3
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 53
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4