Sep 2, 2014, 7:03 PM EST
As the regular season comes to a close this weekend, it’s safe to say which teams are the ones to beat as NASCAR heads into the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
Hendrick Motorsports and Team Penske have been the class of the field, and they each have all of their respective drivers in the post-season – a combined six Chasers in total.
But three additional “power” teams in Joe Gibbs Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing, and Roush Fenway Racing will also be represented by at least one of their drivers.
Could those squads rise up and challenge Hendrick and Penske? And if so, which drivers will lead them? NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty and Parker Kligerman have their ideas, and you can hear them in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 1
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 5
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3