Sep 2, 2014, 7:03 PM EDT
As the regular season comes to a close this weekend, it’s safe to say which teams are the ones to beat as NASCAR heads into the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
Hendrick Motorsports and Team Penske have been the class of the field, and they each have all of their respective drivers in the post-season – a combined six Chasers in total.
But three additional “power” teams in Joe Gibbs Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing, and Roush Fenway Racing will also be represented by at least one of their drivers.
Could those squads rise up and challenge Hendrick and Penske? And if so, which drivers will lead them? NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty and Parker Kligerman have their ideas, and you can hear them in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 6
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1