Sep 2, 2014, 7:03 PM EDT
As the regular season comes to a close this weekend, it’s safe to say which teams are the ones to beat as NASCAR heads into the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
Hendrick Motorsports and Team Penske have been the class of the field, and they each have all of their respective drivers in the post-season – a combined six Chasers in total.
But three additional “power” teams in Joe Gibbs Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing, and Roush Fenway Racing will also be represented by at least one of their drivers.
Could those squads rise up and challenge Hendrick and Penske? And if so, which drivers will lead them? NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty and Parker Kligerman have their ideas, and you can hear them in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 1
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 3
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10