Sep 2, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
With two races to go in the Sprint Cup regular season, Kasey Kahne finally broke into the Chase with his Sunday win at Atlanta Motor Speedway. But now comes the matter of making sure he and his team can go deep into the playoffs.
On today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA, Kahne chats about the subject with NBCSN’s Marty Snider from Hendrick Motorsports’ headquarters.
You can watch it today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN, or you can STREAM IT online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
Also on tap:
- Thanks to Kahne’s win, HMS has all four of its drivers in the Chase for a third consecutive year. But which of them have the best chance to win it all – Kahne, defending Cup champion Jimmie Johnson, current Cup points leader Jeff Gordon, or Daytona 500 winner Dale Earnhardt Jr.? NASCAR on NBC analysts Kyle Petty and Parker Kligerman will discuss…
- Likely to push the HMS foursome is Team Penske, which has gotten multiple wins out of both Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano. So does anybody else outside of the HMS/Penske bloc stand a chance to challenge them in the Chase? The crew will talk about which – if any – can do just that.
- All of the best radio bits among the drivers, crew chiefs, and spotters have been selected for your listening pleasure in the Atlanta edition of “Scan All 43.”
- Another weekend, another controversy for Kyle Busch, who finished 16th on Sunday but had a tense post-race exchange with Martin Truex Jr. after they wrecked together with two laps to go. It’s been a dreadful stretch for Busch and the Joe Gibbs Racing No. 18 team, but is it time for them to push the panic button?
- We’ll also have a discussion on the legacy of longtime Cup crew chief Jimmy Fennig, who is reportedly set to retire at season’s end.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
- Roger Penske intends to keep his ‘four aces’ in IndyCar 0
- NHRA: Antron Brown looks to make Top Fuel fireworks this weekend 0
- Pippa Mann revels in career-best IndyCar finish at Fontana 0
- After tough recent outings, Jack Hawksworth relishes 10th-place showing at Fontana 1
- MAVTV 500: Despite being nerve-racking to crazy, drivers glad safety won out 1
- WATCH: IndyCar’s frantic, thrilling MAVTV 500 to re-air at midnight ET on NBCSN 6
- Nelson Piquet Jr crowned first ever FIA Formula E champion in thrilling London finale 1