Sep 2, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
With two races to go in the Sprint Cup regular season, Kasey Kahne finally broke into the Chase with his Sunday win at Atlanta Motor Speedway. But now comes the matter of making sure he and his team can go deep into the playoffs.
On today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA, Kahne chats about the subject with NBCSN’s Marty Snider from Hendrick Motorsports’ headquarters.
You can watch it today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN, or you can STREAM IT online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
Also on tap:
- Thanks to Kahne’s win, HMS has all four of its drivers in the Chase for a third consecutive year. But which of them have the best chance to win it all – Kahne, defending Cup champion Jimmie Johnson, current Cup points leader Jeff Gordon, or Daytona 500 winner Dale Earnhardt Jr.? NASCAR on NBC analysts Kyle Petty and Parker Kligerman will discuss…
- Likely to push the HMS foursome is Team Penske, which has gotten multiple wins out of both Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano. So does anybody else outside of the HMS/Penske bloc stand a chance to challenge them in the Chase? The crew will talk about which – if any – can do just that.
- All of the best radio bits among the drivers, crew chiefs, and spotters have been selected for your listening pleasure in the Atlanta edition of “Scan All 43.”
- Another weekend, another controversy for Kyle Busch, who finished 16th on Sunday but had a tense post-race exchange with Martin Truex Jr. after they wrecked together with two laps to go. It’s been a dreadful stretch for Busch and the Joe Gibbs Racing No. 18 team, but is it time for them to push the panic button?
- We’ll also have a discussion on the legacy of longtime Cup crew chief Jimmy Fennig, who is reportedly set to retire at season’s end.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
Dec 20, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Clint Bowyer endured the worst season of his Sprint Cup career in 2014. He hasn’t won a race since 2012, but 2015 could be a comeback year for him.
Dec 20, 2014, 11:40 AM EST
Can’t say these sweaters aren’t memorable.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Daughter of legendary Funny Car champ John Force, Brittany Force is out to prove that 2015 will be her year in NHRA Top Fuel racing.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., spent a recent testing day in a Formula 4 car, a possible prelude to following in his famous father’s footsteps.
Dec 19, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
Edwards’ Arris car won’t be hard to find in a pack next year.
Dec 19, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Rare, intriguing call for CGR to put two lesser-experienced drivers in No. 01 car.
Dec 19, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Williams’ stellar 2014 season, recapped in pictures and words.
Dec 19, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
Ryan Newman and Matt Kenseth proved that consistency still pays.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
The fan-favorite Sprint Experience at NASCAR tracks across the country is apparently no longer, according to a media report.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
McMurray shined at the All-Star Race in May but missed out on a 2014 Chase berth.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:57 PM EST
Kyle Larson had a tremendous rookie season in 2014. If he was that good this season, imagine how much better he’ll be next season and seasons to come.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Felipe Nasr’s No. 12 rounds out the F1 grid number choices for 2015.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Jean-Eric Vergne signs with Ferrari as a test and development driver, which means a bunch of simulator work.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
RC Enerson moves up from USF2000 to Indy Lights.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Multiplatinum artist to rock out before 2015 running of the Great American Race.
Dec 19, 2014, 10:37 AM EST
Party like it’s 1996 in 2015 – Panis and Herta sons signed to deals.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:51 PM EST
It lasts only four months, but there’ll be lots of action on the schedule for the 2015 NASCAR Canadian Tire Series.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:26 PM EST
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will be slinging some pre-Christmas dirt this Saturday in an all-star sprint car race in DuQuoin, Ill.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
One of Kurt Busch’s sponsors has joined team owner Gene Haas in backing the driver in his ongoing dispute with ex-girlfriend Patricia Driscoll.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
Want to have a good laugh or two? Check out all of the bloopers and behind-the-scenes fun from NASCAR America over this past year.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 2
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 1