Sep 3, 2014, 11:09 AM EDT
Haas F1 Team has confirmed Ferrari as a technical partner for when the American team makes its debut on the Formula One grid in 2016. It’s a multiyear deal.
Such a move was always likely being Haas Automation was announced as a sponsor for Ferrari earlier this year, and the two have been inextricably linked given Ferrari’s smaller customer base (only Sauber and Marussia of 2014 teams) compared to Mercedes and Renault.
“There is no team in Formula One more accomplished than Scuderia Ferrari, and no team with more history. They’ve been a part of Formula One from the beginning, and now they’ll be a part of Haas F1 Team’s beginning,” Haas F1 Team Chairman Gene Haas said in a release.
“Formula One is the pinnacle of motorsports. It showcases the latest technology and is the most competitive form of racing in the world. Aligning Haas F1 Team with such a tenured and successful company in Scuderia Ferrari provides our team with the greatest opportunity for success in 2016 and beyond.”
Added Scuderia Ferrari team principal Marco Mattiacci, “We’re delighted to announce this important strategic partnership with Haas F1 Team and to welcome an American player as a new entrant in Formula 1. A few months ago we joined forces with Gene Haas on a commercial level and this is the natural next step of our growing relationship.”
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 8
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 8
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1