New Valvoline series for Do-It-Yourself car and racing projects features tips from JR Motorsports, fans
Sep 3, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
Valvoline has had a long presence in motorsports. Teams, whole racing series and fans oftentimes swear by various Valvoline products.
For backyard mechanics and grass roots racers especially, the oil brand on Wednesday launched a new online series called #GarageHacks, which features a number of DIY experts and tips, including one from the Dale Earnhardt Jr.-owned JR Motorsports (see attached image).
The fully gallery of hacks and DIY tips can be found by clicking here.
But the series isn’t just offering tips, it’s also inviting fans and amateur DIY’s to submit their best hacks via Twitter (@Valvoline) and Instagram as well as on Facebook, using the #GarageHacks hashtag.
There’s also a bonus for some of the best tips: each week this month, Valvoline will select the best hack from fans and reward a winner with a $500 gift card.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 0
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 12
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0