WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 pm ET – The new XFINITY Series, Chase-clinching scenarios, Keselowski
Sep 3, 2014, 3:08 PM EST
The announcement that Comcast’s XFINITY brand will replace Nationwide Insurance as entitlement sponsor for NASCAR’s junior racing league in 2014 will highlight Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America.
Leigh Diffey and Kyle Petty will anchor the show, which is live from 5 to 5:30 pm ET on NBC Sports Network, from our Charlotte studios.
Here’s today’s show rundown:
* In-depth coverage of the NASCAR and Comcast/XFINITY announcement. The 10-year term matches the longest single agreement around title sponsorship of any national series in NASCAR history.
* We’ll hear more about the new XFINITY deal from current Nationwide Series driver Ryan Blaney, NASCAR President Mike Helton and NASCAR COO Brent Dewar.
* Marty Snider reports from the Hendrick Motorsports shop in Concord, NC, to catch up with Atlanta-winning crew chief, Kenny Francis about Sunday night’s race and whether the late win will boost his team’s chances headed into the Chase.
* We look at the Chase-clinching scenarios (if we have a repeat winner at Richmond) for the few drivers who can still qualify for one of the last two remaining berths based on points: Ryan Newman, Greg Biffle, Clint Bowyer and Kyle Larson.
* Parker Kligerman uses the new NBC Sports iRacing Simulator to show us the best lines around the track at Richmond International Raceway.
If you’re not near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream NASCAR AMERICA online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 7
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 8
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 21
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 20
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 6