WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 pm ET – The new XFINITY Series, Chase-clinching scenarios, Keselowski
Sep 3, 2014, 3:08 PM EDT
The announcement that Comcast’s XFINITY brand will replace Nationwide Insurance as entitlement sponsor for NASCAR’s junior racing league in 2014 will highlight Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America.
Leigh Diffey and Kyle Petty will anchor the show, which is live from 5 to 5:30 pm ET on NBC Sports Network, from our Charlotte studios.
Here’s today’s show rundown:
* In-depth coverage of the NASCAR and Comcast/XFINITY announcement. The 10-year term matches the longest single agreement around title sponsorship of any national series in NASCAR history.
* We’ll hear more about the new XFINITY deal from current Nationwide Series driver Ryan Blaney, NASCAR President Mike Helton and NASCAR COO Brent Dewar.
* Marty Snider reports from the Hendrick Motorsports shop in Concord, NC, to catch up with Atlanta-winning crew chief, Kenny Francis about Sunday night’s race and whether the late win will boost his team’s chances headed into the Chase.
* We look at the Chase-clinching scenarios (if we have a repeat winner at Richmond) for the few drivers who can still qualify for one of the last two remaining berths based on points: Ryan Newman, Greg Biffle, Clint Bowyer and Kyle Larson.
* Parker Kligerman uses the new NBC Sports iRacing Simulator to show us the best lines around the track at Richmond International Raceway.
If you’re not near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream NASCAR AMERICA online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Chevrolet reveals its super speedway aero kit 1
- ARCA driver Brad Smith recovering from ankle surgery after Talladega wreck 0
- 21 years after his death, the legacy of Ayrton Senna burns as brightly as ever 2
- Honda reveals its super speedway aero kit Thursday at IMS (VIDEO) 9
- Ed Carpenter talks Newgarden’s win and preparing for superspeedway aero kit at Indy 4
- FOM confirms proposed 2016 F1 calendar has been leaked 0
- Jeff Gordon to drive new Chevrolet Z06 pace car for Indianapolis 500 4