Sep 4, 2014, 4:23 PM EST
Chris Buescher and Ty Dillon were the fastest drivers in Thursday’s pair of Nationwide Series practice sessions at Richmond International Raceway in preparation for Friday’s Virginia529 College Savings 250.
In the first practice, which went for an hour, Buescher (pictured) wasted little time in pacing the field, recording the fastest lap of the session (120.110 mph) on just his second practice spin around the .750-mile track.
Also of note, Kevin Harvick, who won the NNS race at Richmond in April, struggled to find speed, managing a top run of just 116.174 mph. Harvick ran just three laps before bringing his car back into the garage for adjustments.
In the second session of the afternoon, speeds slowed down somewhat while Richard Childress Racing dominated three of the top five spots in the 76-minute effort.
Kyle Busch was second-fastest at 117.714 mph, while Chase Elliott was fourth-fastest (117.632).
A total of 41 cars took to the track in the second session, with Josh Reaume having the slowest effort at 111.478 mph.
Qualifying for Friday’s race will take place earlier that same day at 3:45 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 9
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 6
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3
- Health issues to sideline Brian Vickers for early part of 2015 Sprint Cup season 5