Sep 4, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
NASCAR America will expand to 60-minute shows on Monday’s following each of the 10 upcoming races in the Chase for the Sprint Cup, NBCSN announced Thursday.
The expanded shows will provide more in-depth coverage of weekend action, as well as developments impacting the 2014 Chase, according to Jeff Behnke, vice-president of NASCAR Production for NBC Sports Group.
“The new Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup format, which expanded the field and introduced three shoot-out style postseason elimination rounds, has greatly increased the number of storylines and overall intrigue,” Behnke said. “We’re excited to give fans an expanded and in-depth examination of all the turning points, strategies and personalities in play each Monday throughout the remainder of the season.”
The expanded one-hour shows begin this Monday, Sept. 8, at 4:30 pm ET and will continue through the 2014 playoffs.
In addition, NBCSN will air a 60-minute pre-Chase special segment on Thursday, Sept. 11.
Here’s the schedule of dates and airing times (all times ET) for the upcoming episodes of NASCAR America on NBCSN:
Monday, Sept. 8 4:30-5:30 pm
Thursday, Sept. 11 5:00-6:00 pm
Monday, Sept. 15 7:00-8:00 pm
Monday, Sept. 22 4:30-5:30 pm
Monday, Sept. 29 7:00-8:00 pm
Monday, Oct. 6 4:30-5:30 pm
Monday, Oct. 13 4:30-5:30 pm
Monday, Oct. 20 7:00-8:00 pm
Monday, Oct. 27 7:00-8:00 pm
Monday, Nov. 3 7:00-8:00 pm
Monday, Nov. 10 4:30-5:30 pm
Monday, Nov 17 4:30-5:30 pm
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 0
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 3
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2
- F1 grid unites to pay tribute to Jules Bianchi (VIDEO) 1