Sep 4, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
NASCAR America will expand to 60-minute shows on Monday’s following each of the 10 upcoming races in the Chase for the Sprint Cup, NBCSN announced Thursday.
The expanded shows will provide more in-depth coverage of weekend action, as well as developments impacting the 2014 Chase, according to Jeff Behnke, vice-president of NASCAR Production for NBC Sports Group.
“The new Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup format, which expanded the field and introduced three shoot-out style postseason elimination rounds, has greatly increased the number of storylines and overall intrigue,” Behnke said. “We’re excited to give fans an expanded and in-depth examination of all the turning points, strategies and personalities in play each Monday throughout the remainder of the season.”
The expanded one-hour shows begin this Monday, Sept. 8, at 4:30 pm ET and will continue through the 2014 playoffs.
In addition, NBCSN will air a 60-minute pre-Chase special segment on Thursday, Sept. 11.
Here’s the schedule of dates and airing times (all times ET) for the upcoming episodes of NASCAR America on NBCSN:
Monday, Sept. 8 4:30-5:30 pm
Thursday, Sept. 11 5:00-6:00 pm
Monday, Sept. 15 7:00-8:00 pm
Monday, Sept. 22 4:30-5:30 pm
Monday, Sept. 29 7:00-8:00 pm
Monday, Oct. 6 4:30-5:30 pm
Monday, Oct. 13 4:30-5:30 pm
Monday, Oct. 20 7:00-8:00 pm
Monday, Oct. 27 7:00-8:00 pm
Monday, Nov. 3 7:00-8:00 pm
Monday, Nov. 10 4:30-5:30 pm
Monday, Nov 17 4:30-5:30 pm
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Report: Grand jury now hearing testimony in Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case 2
- 2015 Sprint Cup rules to feature reduced testing, less horsepower 8
- COTA: A circuit to behold from the passenger’s seat 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Team Penske pushing for incredible season (VIDEO) 0
- Lotterer: “F1 (racing) isn’t what it used to be anymore” 0
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 3
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 1