Sep 5, 2014, 7:00 AM EDT
Ahead of this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix at Monza, NBCSN’s Will Buxton brings you the news and interviews in the latest instalment of NBC Sports’ original digital series “Paddock Pass”.
In part one, Will speaks to the warring Mercedes duo of Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg following their on-track collision at the Belgian Grand Prix. The waters do appear to have calmed at the German team, but the stage is set for a thrilling encounter at Monza. We also hear from Fernando Alonso, Kevin Magnussen and Valtteri Bottas ahead of this weekend’s race.
Part two looks a bit further down the calendar to the United States Grand Prix, which is set to take place on November 2nd. We speak to American racing legend Mario Andretti, who is visiting Monza for the first time since 1983 this weekend, and Mexican racer Sergio Perez about the race in Austin, Texas.
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 0
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 5
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0