Sep 5, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
This morning, Nationwide Insurance has announced that it has expanded its pact with Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Hendrick Motorsports, and will become the 88 team’s majority sponsor from 2015-2017.
NWI will now serve as primary sponsor for Earnhardt in 21 Sprint Cup races during each of the next three seasons.
Back in May, NWI was announced to be in that role for 12 races in 2015, and then 13 races in both the 2016 and 2017 campaigns.
“We’re thrilled to be deepening our partnership with the Hendrick Motorsports team,” said NWI’s chief marketing officer, Matt Jauchius, in an HMS release. “We look forward to seeing Nationwide on the No. 88 for NASCAR’s biggest races over the next three seasons.”
NWI is getting an early start on its backing of NASCAR’s most popular driver this weekend at Richmond International Raceway, where Earnhardt is previewing his blue and white NWI paint scheme for 2015.
“That Nationwide has already elected to grow the sponsorship sends a clear message about the opportunities they see and how well our teams are working together,” HMS owner Rick Hendrick said in a statement.
“It’s quickly become a strong relationship, and we’re committed to building on that foundation and delivering results in every facet of the program.”
Earnhardt himself called NWI’s decision “extremely gratifying” and added that “having this kind of support and seeing so many positive things happening around the team feels really good.”
- Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 0
- Social Roundup: IndyCar season-ending banquet 0
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 1
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 18