Welcome to MotorSportsTalk, a blog site as part of the NBC Sports family that will serve as your hub for all things motorsports. The 2014 season marks our second of coverage as part of the family.
The primary focus of our coverage will feature content from Formula 1, the IndyCar Series and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Expect a substantial amount of news, analysis and particularly video features to go along with NBC’s television partnerships with F1 and IndyCar as the year progresses.
NASCAR programming returns to NBC in 2014 with the new nightly half-hour program NASCAR AMERICA, which airs weeknights at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Our four writers that will lead MotorSportsTalk have a wealth of motorsports journalism experience.
- Luke Smith is creator and editor at Richland F1, which begins its second season this year. He’s on Twitter @LukeSmithF1. He’ll primarily cover the Formula 1 scene from Europe in great detail.
- Tony DiZinno has most recently served as web editor for RACER Magazine and has more than seven years of experience in the industry. He’s on Twitter @TonyDiZinno.
- Chris Estrada launched the Indy Racing Revolution blog site and has served as a contributor to IndyCar’s IndyCar Nation blog. Follow him @estradawriting.
- Jerry Bonkowski is a veteran NASCAR reporter with more than 30 years experience. He has contributed to USA Today, Yahoo! Sports and other websites over the course of his career. He’s on Twitter @JerryBonkowski.
The latter three will cover the American motorsports scene, which focuses on IndyCar, NASCAR, and some additional content as well.
It is our goal to look beyond the news and explain “what the news means” – to take what you see on a race weekend and delve deeper into the storylines. There will be some exciting developments to come both from a writing and video perspective as the year progresses.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 80
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 4
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 11
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1