Welcome to MotorSportsTalk, a blog site as part of the NBC Sports family that will serve as your hub for all things motorsports. The 2015 season marks our third of coverage as part of the family since launching in 2013.
The primary focus of our coverage will feature content from Formula 1, the IndyCar Series, Red Bull Global Rallycross, off-road and other championships. Expect a substantial amount of news, analysis and video features to go along with NBC’s television partnerships with those series as the year progresses.
NASCAR digital content and video from NASCAR AMERICA, NBC’s nightly half-hour program, will be housed on NASCAR Talk, which launched in February and features lead writers Nate Ryan and Dustin Long.
Our writers that will lead MotorSportsTalk have a wealth of motorsports journalism experience.
- Luke Smith is creator and editor at Richland F1, which begins its second season this year. He’s on Twitter @LukeSmithF1. He’ll primarily cover the Formula 1 scene from Europe in great detail.
- Tony DiZinno has most recently served as web editor for RACER Magazine and has more than nine years of experience in the industry. He’s on Twitter @TonyDiZinno.
- Jerry Bonkowski is a veteran NASCAR reporter with more than 30 years experience. He has contributed to USA Today, Yahoo! Sports and other websites over the course of his career. He’s on Twitter @JerryBonkowski.
It is our goal to look beyond the news and explain “what the news means” – to take what you see on a race weekend and delve deeper into the storylines. There will be some exciting developments to come both from a writing and video perspective as the year progresses.
- NHRA to go ahead with Topeka race May 22-24, despite City Council vote against racetrack purchase 1
- New McLaren Honda livery revealed 1
- Q&A: IMS President Doug Boles heading into 2015 Month of May, 2016 planning 0
- Indiana native Bryan Clauson ready for special Indy 500 return 5
- On eve of 300th IndyCar start, Helio Castroneves eyes record-tying fourth Indy 500 win 3
- Alex Tagliani to drive 3rd AJ Foyt car in Indy 500, will pay tribute to Dan Gurney 3
- NHRA legend John Force turns 66, not slowing down any time soon 2