Welcome to MotorSportsTalk, a blog site as part of the NBC Sports family that will serve as your hub for all things motorsports. The 2015 season marks our third of coverage as part of the family since launching in 2013.
The primary focus of our coverage will feature content from Formula 1, the IndyCar Series, Red Bull Global Rallycross, off-road and other championships. Expect a substantial amount of news, analysis and video features to go along with NBC’s television partnerships with those series as the year progresses.
NASCAR digital content and video from NASCAR AMERICA, NBC’s nightly half-hour program, will be housed on NASCAR Talk, which launched in February and features lead writers Nate Ryan and Dustin Long.
Our writers that will lead MotorSportsTalk have a wealth of motorsports journalism experience.
- Luke Smith is creator and editor at Richland F1, which begins its second season this year. He’s on Twitter @LukeSmithF1. He’ll primarily cover the Formula 1 scene from Europe in great detail.
- Tony DiZinno has most recently served as web editor for RACER Magazine and has more than nine years of experience in the industry. He’s on Twitter @TonyDiZinno.
- Jerry Bonkowski is a veteran NASCAR reporter with more than 30 years experience. He has contributed to USA Today, Yahoo! Sports and other websites over the course of his career. He’s on Twitter @JerryBonkowski.
It is our goal to look beyond the news and explain “what the news means” – to take what you see on a race weekend and delve deeper into the storylines. There will be some exciting developments to come both from a writing and video perspective as the year progresses.
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 0
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 0
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 5
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0