Apr 8, 2014, 10:22 AM EST
Former Honda Performance Development technical director Roger Griffiths has shifted to Andretti Autosport, where he was confirmed Tuesday as the team’s new Director of Motorsport Development.
This will give Griffiths a hands-on role within the seemingly ever increasing racing team organization, which runs four Honda-powered cars in the Verizon IndyCar Series, two factory Volkswagens in Red Bull Global Rallycross and an entry into the new FIA Formula E Championship.
“I am very excited to be joining the Andretti Autosport Organization,” Griffiths said in a team release. “I have, in past, shared a lot of victories with the team but now look forward to the opportunity to be able to contribute more directly to their future success and growth.”
Added Andretti Autosport team principal Michael Andretti, “I’m very excited to have Roger (Griffiths) join the team. A man with his knowledge, talent and experience will be a huge addition for not just Andretti Autosport, but also for VARX and Andretti Formula E. We look forward to using expertise in many different areas within our team.”
The Englishman has worked in Formula One, IndyCar, American Le Mans Series, European Le Mans Series and Super Touring Cars, so the Red Bull GRC and FE series will add to that list.
Griffiths left HPD in March. HPD president Art St. Cyr was at St. Petersburg and the manufacturer hosted a roundtable session for media with Mark Crawford, Large Project Leader of HPD, on the Saturday of the race weekend.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3